JJ Web Design - Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all web site design services offered by JJ Web Design. By ordering services from JJ Web Design you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions;
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
- The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and JJ Web Design.
- JJ Web Design cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's web site, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by JJ Web Design, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of JJ Web Design until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- JJ Web Design makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- JJ Web Design will optimise a client's website for SEO purposes as part of the design commission. If a client wishes JJ Web Design to promote a web site as a separate commission, JJ Web Design will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- JJ Web Design can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client's web site.
- An initial deposit is required from the client to book a starting date for the web site build. The client agrees to the interim payments as set out in the agreement. When both JJ Web Design and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, JJ Web Design will invoice the client for the remaining balance. On receipt of payment, JJ Web Design will publish the website on the client's server.
- JJ Web Design may add text on a client's web site, detailing that the site has been designed by JJ Web Design and provide an appropriate hyperlink to JJ Web Design website.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that JJ Web Design judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
- If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, JJ Web Design will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
- JJ Web Design expects payment by cheque or bank transfer within 14 days of the date on the invoice. In the event that client fails to pay any amount due under this Agreement within the above period, the client shall pay JJ Web Design interest on the amount due at the rate of ten percent (10%) of the total invoice per calendar month or part calendar month (or the maximum amount allowable under any applicable law if such amount is less than ten percent (10%) per calendar month). JJ Web Design reserves the right to suspend web design services until an outstanding debt is cleared. The customer is responsible for all money owed on the account from the time it was established to the time that the customer sends a written termination request.
- Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £25 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the client.
- JJ Web Design does not undertake to maintain or update a client's website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes JJ Web Design to maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, JJ Web Design will arrange a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- Client shall pay JJ Web Design for the hosting account on a prepay basis at the rates set out in the agreement. All pricing is guaranteed for the period of prepayment. Payment is due every calendar year, following the date the account was established. Customers will automatically be charged again at the end of their prepay period unless closure notification has already been given.
- Domain registration contracts are between the client and the associated naming authority. JJ Web Design acts only as the agent on behalf of the client. Client is bound by the terms and conditions of the associated naming authority. It is the responsibility of the client to obtain and be familiar with these terms and conditions. Client's will be offered the opportunity to renew their domain name but JJ Web Design cannot guarantee purchase of the domain if client does not respond to correspondence relating to domain renewal within the renewal time.
- JJ Web Design reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from JJ Web Design prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
JJ Web Design reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
If you have any complaints about the quality of service you have received from JJ Web Design please e-mail the owner , or write to us at
JJ Web Design
13 Beechfield Ave
Stating the full nature of your complaint. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and will investigate your complaint promptly and thoroughly.